- Flexible universal cylindrical grinding machines with grinding lengths up to max. 4000 mm, height of centers 310 mm
- High-precision machining of large, heavy workpieces
- Production reliability thanks to complete machining in a single clamping
- High-precision B-axis with swivel angle of -45° to +225°
- Scraped vee-flat guideway in the Z-axis
- Precise positioning with feed accuracies <0.5 μm
- Gauged grinding with DIATRONIC 22 diameter and length measuring system
- Backlash-free workpiece drive for highest precision
- Low unit costs thanks to short machining and set-up times
- High availability and minimal maintenance requirement
- Highest safety standard and fulfillment of environmental requirements thanks to complete enclosure of the machine
The FlexGrind has a machine bed with a welded steel construction , featuring a table design with impressively high rigidity. The moving axes are deliberately separated. The tank system and integration of bed and assembly cooling units enable temperature stability to be achieved within the machine.
9 standard headstock variants are available for the FlexGrind series. This enables the performance of a wide variety of grinding operations such as external and internal cylindrical grinding or thread grinding. The digitally controlled, high-precision B-axis has a swiveling range of 270°.
The FlexGrind features a high-precision, belt-driven workhead, which possesses excellent runout characteristics. The headstock is distinguished by an outstanding torque curve in C-axis mode.
Two barrel tailstocks with plain-bearing guides are available for the FlexGrind. The small variant with fixed center point has a stroke of 100 mm and is suitable for workpieces up to 500 kg. The large tailstock has a stroke of 150 mm and is suitable for workpieces up to 1,200 kg.
The FlexGrind is equipped with the DIATRONIC 22 diameter and length measuring system. This absolute measuring head significantly increases flexibility and quality assurance during automatic machining. The measurement of different diameters during the grinding process is unique for this machine class.
The FlexGrind is a combined external and internal grinding machine for machining large, heavy workpieces in a single clamping. The machine's productivity is substantially increased due to the reduced set-up time.
With the flexible grinding process, the processing times can be shortened by up to 45%. This also significantly reduces unit costs for large parts. Due to the low process forces, workpieces with very thin walls can also be machined.
WOP-G/X programming interface
The SCHAUDT WOP-G/X progamming system makes programming of round and incorrect workpiece contours easy and fast. From a few specifications, WOP-G creates harmonious speed profiles that can be adjusted in a variable way. Combination machining of concave and convex profiles is possible in one setting.
- Maintenance and service friendly SIEMENS Sinumeric 840D sl control system
- Programming cylindrical and noncircular workpiece contours is quick and easy with the WOP-G/X programming system from SCHAUDT.