- Compact cross-slide machine for cylindrical grinding of shaft-type workpieces up to 1,100 mm length, height of centers 220 mm
- Single-slide machine with max. 3 grinding wheels for single machining and production lines
- Use of CBN grinding wheels up to 480 mm Ø
- Digital drives for high-precision axis positioning
- Machine bed with optimal damping properties
- Swivel-in second grinding spindle for grinding concave cam forms
- B axle at highest removal level with up to 3 grinding spindles
- Portal loading system
Granitan® machine bed
ShaftGrind L1 is equipped with a proven Granitan® machine bed. The material has excellent damping behavior and high thermal stability. This is a great advantage in machining workpieces with the highest quality requirements.
With the patented SCHAUDT swivel-in spindle, the ShaftGrind L1 can be equipped with two grinding wheels. The spindle is mainly equipped with ceramic CBN wheels. Galvanically supported or metal-bound tools are also available.
The ShaftGrind L features a high-precision, directly powered workhead, which has excellent runout characteristics. In C-axis mode the headstock is characterized by an excellent torque curve and high dynamics.
The ShaftGrind L1 is equipped with a glide bearing tailstock quill that is characterized by its increased rigidity. It has a hydraulic drive for tensioning and loosening and has a stroke of 75 mm. Manual cylinder error correction is possible.
The B-axis offers the best solution with its three grinding spindles for each machining task. It can be swivelled to any angle within the 240º tilt range. In this way, even shoulders can be ground in a beveled or tapered manner without a profiled grinding wheel.
By further developing the multi-wheel technology synchronization process, all round features of a workpiece can be slid into just one groove. This reduces the switching time to a minimum and accordingly increases the productivity of the machine.
In the ShaftGrind L1 the use of highly accurate in-process measuring heads is possible. Measuring is performed during the grinding process and eliminates manual by the machine operator. This significantly shortens auxiliary times and cycle times are reduced accordingly.
Swivel-in measuring probe
The ShaftGrind L1 is optionally equipped with a swivel-in measuring probe. This is mounted on the cross slide, which results in tremendous flexibility without additional set-up. The swivel-in process occurs pneumatically or hydraulically, depending on the version.
WOP-G programming interface
The WOP-G programming system makes programming of cylindrical workpiece contours easy and fast. From a few specifications, harmonious speed profiles are created that can be adjusted in a variable way. WOP-G also allows reading of contour data via a data table.
- Maintenance and service-friendly control SIEMENS SINUMERIK 840D sl
- Easy programming of geometries with SCHAUDT WOP-G software