- Compact cross-slide machine with installation dimensions of just 3,000 x 3,351 mm
- Cylindrical and non-circular grinding of shaft-type workpieces up to 650 mm in length, height of centers 175 mm
- Single-slide machine with max. 2 grinding wheels
- Digital drives for high-precision axis positioning
- Use of CBN grinding wheels up to 480 mm Ø
- Thermally stable, vibration-damping GRANITAN® machine bed
- Swivel-in second grinding spindle for grinding concave cam forms
- Two workheads for high productivity application
- Robot automation
Granitan® machine bed
ShaftGrind S is equipped with a proven Granitan® machine bed. The material has excellent damping behavior and high thermal stability - a great advantage in machining workpieces with the highest quality requirements.
With the patented SCHAUDT swivel-in spindle, the ShaftGrind S can also be equipped with a second grinding wheel. The spindle is mainly equipped with ceramic CBN wheels. Galvanically supported or metal-bound tools are also available.
The ShaftGrind S features a high-precision, directly powered workhead with excellent runout characteristics. The rigid design of the directly powered spindle makes the headstock suitable for clamping with MK4 center points as well as for chuck operation.
The ShaftGrind S is equipped with a glide bearing tailstock quill that is characterized by its increased rigidity. It has a hydraulic drive for tensioning and loosening and has a stroke of 75 mm. Alternatively, a hydraulically operated sliding tailstock can be used with a 150 mm stroke.
High-precision in-process measuring heads can be used without problem in the ShaftGrind S. Measurement occurs during the grinding process and eliminates the need for manual corrections by the machine operator. As a result auxiliary times are shortened significantly, and cycle times are reduced.
Swivel-in measuring probe
The ShaftGrind S is optionally equipped with a swivel-in measuring probe. This is mounted on the cross slide, which results in tremendous flexibility without additional set-up. The swivel-in process is done pneumatically.
WOP-G programming interface
The WOP-G programming system makes programming of round workpiece contours easy and fast. From a few specifications, harmonious speed profiles are created that can be adjusted in a variable way. WOP-G also allows reading of contour data via a data table.
Two grinding stations
For particularly high productivity applications, ShaftGrind S can be equipped with two grinding stations. These are supplied with workpieces by a compact robot. This makes it possible to significantly increase the application of the machine.
The ShaftGrind S can be equipped with a compact robot that is protected against oil and water according to IP 67. The software interface Run MyRobot in combination with the Sinumerik 840D sl control system makes it easy to control the machine and robot via a central control panel.
- Maintenance and service-friendly control SIEMENS SINUMERIK 840D sl
- Easy programming of geometries with SCHAUDT WOP-G software